Program Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation, students who complete the Biology major or minor requirements should be able to meet the following program learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate both in-depth and broad knowledge of the concepts that comprise the biological sciences.
- Apply the scientific process, including designing and conducting experiments and testing hypotheses.
- Perform laboratory, field, and analytical techniques.
- Discuss and critically review scientific papers and prepare oral and written reports in a standard scientific format.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the significance ethics plays in the biological sciences.