The Sociology Department has a strong emphasis on social justice and focuses on the study of such issues as inequality, race and ethnicity, social and political change, gender, sexualities, social movements, education, urbanization, globalization, poverty, violence, crime, juvenile delinquency and war and peace.
Our programs prepare students for graduate or professional schools and a wide variety of careers in such fields as business, law, government, criminal justice, health, social services and teaching. The department also offers students a fieldwork experience in the community to enhance their education with “real-life” sociological practice.
- Sociology Major
- Sociology, Criminology, Law & Society Concentration, Major
- Sociology, Critical Diversity & Social Justice Concentration, Major
- Sociology, Education & Youth Concentration, Major
- Sociology, Globalization, Development & Sustainability Concentration, Major
- Sociology, Honors Concentration, Major